Tips for Wearing a Scarf

I own several scarves in different patterns and colors.  However, I only really wear one scarf on a regular basis, my ivory LoveQuotes scarf from Tobi.  It’s so universal, it just translates into practically every facet of my wardrobe.

Recently, I started receiving “Ask Belle’s” from readers who were looking for tips on how to wear and tie scarves.  Honestly, I just wrap them, fold them and fluff them until I’m happy with how it looks.  If you need a bit more direction, check out the diagram below.  And if you want to save 20% on a LoveQuotes scarf from Tobi, click on the button in the sidebar and use the code Capitol20 at check out.

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

8 Comment

1. Reply
    amy b.s.
    September 21, 2011 at 5:47 pm

i love this.

2. Reply
    Erica
    September 21, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I was just thinking about how I needed a new way to do this the other day – perfect timing, perfect post.

3. Reply
    kate
    September 21, 2011 at 8:14 pm

belle – i just tried to use the tobi coupon and it expired! probably best for my wallet but i've been dreaming of that scarf for ages!

4. Reply
    Ronda
    September 22, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Hi Belle, I'm in the DC area and new to your site. I just bought my first scarf over the weekend so this is RIGHT on time. Thanks and keep up the fabulous work!

5. Reply
    s
    September 22, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Thanks! I think some of the trick is figuring out how to wear it for you so you look uhm… European, or sophisticated, or something like that… and not like someone's Great-Grandma.

Do you find length to make a difference? I've tried to get some from Target or a place like that just to experiment and get comfortable. I'm thinking I need to try some things in a silky fabric instead of cotton to get some of the bulk down. I've noticed a lot of the cheaper scarves have long tassels. I was thinking of cutting them off an hemming them since the tassels add to a “cheap” look to me.

6. Reply
    HollyIrwin
    October 2, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Thank you for these great scarf tips!!!

7. Reply
    lover
    September 13, 2012 at 7:26 am

I m so sad, My girlfriend and me broke up a month ago. yeah..you know i'm young ,handsome,lonely and still hurting.i may be in need of someone to love..still..My friends told me about cougarkissing_ C0M and i got curious about it.. they met their girlfriends there.,It's the best place to meet a older girlfriend . i cant risk myself..So i got a usename(Qcdude) there in order to find a new girlfriend .Is it wrong?

8. […] outer layer. Go ahead, wear that neon blazer or hot-pink cardigan. Got a favorite scarf? Tie it on (Capitol Hill Style has a few tips for tying […]