Happy Hour: Blush and Bashful, with Sake

b495ddb90333a7727e6105ef5d4039fb

Truth be told, I don’t drink much sake.  But you put lemongrass, grapefruit and ginger in a cocktail and I am so there.  This cocktail from The Bojon Gourmet is a perfectly crisp, warm-weather cocktail.

cn7659197

Pim + Larkin Poppy Textured Dress ($79)

I have a wedding to attend in Texas next week, and I’m thinking pink.  No idea why.  I just feel like pink.

This dress from Pim + Larkin is simple and easy with a bright color and a bit of texture.  Need a v-neck?  Try this very similar dress from I. Madeleine.  Piperlime also had this dress from Rhyme that has a flirty drop waist.

Prefer a paler pink?  Try this Glorious Guest Dress from Modcloth or this medium pink v-neck from Gilt that could also be worn to work.  I also dig this lace coral-pink dress from Adrianna Papell.

Plus-size? Try this dark pink v-neck dress from Anne Klein.  I also like this shell pink Gathering Gals dress from Modcloth.  Petite?  Check out this cap-sleeve fit and flare from Limited.  Tall?  This pale pink drop waist dress from Asos is sublime.

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

8 Comment

1. Reply
    Jessica
    May 16, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Belle, What do you wear to bachelorette parties? I’m struggling to find something that is fun, yet late 20s age appropriate.

2. Reply
    Anna
    May 16, 2014 at 3:53 pm

Thanks for the v-neck options! Crew necks make me look like a square…and like I have really big boobs, but not in a good way.

3. Reply
    Haley
    May 16, 2014 at 4:26 pm

For a wedding or bridal shower, how would you accessorize the v-neck? I’m not big on necklaces with a v-neck, but would simple earrings be too boring?

1. Reply
      Anna
      May 19, 2014 at 9:50 am

I would wear a fun/interesting bracelet or stack of bracelets and earrings.

4. Reply
    hlh
    May 16, 2014 at 4:53 pm

This cocktail looks delicious and I love the dress. Great posts this week, Belle! Thank you for keeping up with CHS while you have so much going on with the move, etc. Oh, and I hadn’t said “congrats” on transitioning to law school etc. So – congrats and good luck!

5. Reply
    Alanna
    May 17, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Thanks for the cocktail share! Love these pink dresses.

6. Reply
    Willfully Elegant
    May 19, 2014 at 9:51 am

I have loaded up on pink this season, very unlike me, but oh well. Love the Adrianna Papell one! Lace and pink, rock together!!

7. Reply
    Joules
    May 19, 2014 at 10:41 am

Pink dresses for the win! They’re pretty much a staple for me.

Style by Joules