1) Some people want their career to be their passion. Others just want a good job. Levo League has the question you need to ask yourself if you think your career path falls into the first category.
2) This black satchel from Target is perfectly modern. It’s also 30%-off with code JOY30.
3) LinkedIn covers the career choices that you may regret. I agree with “thinking you can change something about the job” and undervaluing your own happiness.
4) The Net-a-Porter work dress section makes it hard not to covet expensive designer fashions. Luckily, I can appreciate this phenomenal Burberry dress with chiffon sleeves, this patterned Narciso Rodriguez dress, and this Roland Mouret sculpted sheath from afar.
5) 7 Tips for Writing Cold E-mails to Prospective Employers.
6) Looking for some work pieces under-$100? This Halogen skirt in a metallic pewter is a unique option. I also love this black peplum jacket from Forever21. And don’t miss this short sleeve, burgundy dress from H&M.
7) A Korean Airlines VP, who is also the daughter of the airline’s chairman, threw a temper tantrum on a flight over a bag of macadamia nuts. Her father promptly fired her. The article discusses some interesting cultural issues.
8) This MAC Keepsakes Palette has all my favorite eyeshadow shades in one place. So gorgeous.
9) It’s almost the New Year so I’m thinking about ways to improve my financial habits. A columnist at The Cut has 11 great tips for getting financially healthy.
10) This Delicat heel has a sculpted vamp that is perfectly feminine and chic. They’re the perfect thing for transitioning from day-to-night. I can’t believe they’re only $39.
11) The Atlantic has an article about a structural shift in the American workforce. More men describe themselves as “non-working” than ever before, and the increasing industrialization is eliminating “manliness.” It’s an interesting take.
12) Continuing my Stella & Dot obsession, I bought this Aria layered necklace, and I am obsessed with it.
*image found here.