1) I know way too many people who need to read ‘How to Stop Checking Your Phone Like an Addict.’ Also, interrupting what you’re doing to look at your e-mail is not the same thing as multi-tasking.
2) Roland Mouret and his gorgeous, sleek dresses are the stuff of dreams.
3) I’m fascinated by the policy and real-world implications of California’s drought. Almond farmers have taken a lot of heat for the current state of California’s reserves. NPR tackles the almond claim and other aspects of the drought in an excellent bit of reporting.
4) Forever21 has some cute, inexpensive blouses. I love this sleeveless, blush-colored top. This ruffle-sleeve blouse is also lovely. Plus-size ladies should check out this lovely green blouse.
5) Levo League discusses ‘5 Ways to Beat The Job Search Blues.’
6) This Sonora dress from Anthropologie is so colorful and vibrant. This Rosalind tee in pale pink is also a pretty option. Oh, and their Arienne jumpsuit, might be the only one-piece that I’ve ever liked. Still 99% sure it would never work on my body though.
7) Lifehacker offers advice on learning how to live alone for people who are used to sharing space with roommates, family, or romantic partners. A word of caution, however, you can be too good at being alone.
8) Lara’s review has me seriously considering giving this R+Co. Foam Conditioner a whirl. Lightweight moisture, is such a thing possible?
*image found here.
Charlotte Russe Heel Sandal ($33)
Chunky sandals are a great option for summer. These beige sandals from Charlotte Russe are a fun option at an affordable price. I also like these cognac sandals from the same store.
If a hint of metallic is what you’re looking for, both this Dolce Vita sandal and this pair from Express have metallic accents. I also like these Cole Haan sandals with purple accents. (I always like to have one fun, unique pair of shoes on hand to boost basic outfits.)
1) Sometimes the hardest thing for a type-A chick to do is slow down. Fast Company has some tips on learning to decompress.
2) Madewell has some chic, minimalist jewelry on sale right now. This double-knot ring is a really cool piece. I also like how this bangle bracelet is hammered flat.
3) The Center for Public Integrity investigates why schools are reporting minor disciplinary issues to law enforcement. Imagine winding up in the court system for kicking a trash can.
4) No lie, this Amope electric foot file is just the thing to get your feet in shape for sandal season.
5) The New York Times discusses the likelihood that your birth control will let you down.
6) Macy’s is offering buy one, get one 50-percent-off select handbags with code BAGIT. Ends at 10PM EST.
*image found here.
Searching for some new fashions for spring? The Antonio Melani brand from Dillard’s has several can’t miss styles for spring.
Their selection of suiting is some of the best in the middle price point. I purchased this fitted Grace suit, and I’m pretty happy with it. It required some tailoring, but that’s to be expected. Their Misty suit comes in a lovely blue color that is a nice alternative to navy. And the sleek cut of their Penelope suit would work on many figures.
But for my money, the brand’s dresses can’t be beat. Here are a few of my favorites.
Lenna Dress ($159)
Britt Dress ($159)
Loreen Cutout Dress ($179)
Alma Dress ($169)
Belinda Eyelet Dress ($169)
My favorite thing about this dress is that you can dress it up or down depending on the shoes. Add a flat sandal, and it’s casual. Pick a round-toe pump and a cardigan, and it’s work appropriate.
BCBGeneration Tigerlily Pumps ($99)
At 4″, these heels are a little higher than I usually wear. But with a d’Orsay style and the cut-out detail, they take the plain black heel to a new level, so I’m in. They also come in a pale beige, but it’s so light, I’m not sure how many women would consider it “nude.”
These Jessica Simpson heels in a textured, blush leather are my favorite heels all week. These silver foil pumps from Nine West are awesome. And these neon-coral 3″ pumps are a great way to add some pop to your wardrobe.
Looking for something basic for under-$50? These Madden Girl Copycat heels come in seven colors.