1) I’m fascinated by social media and the fame it generates. This Jezebel article about a gaggle of teen girls who are Instagram celebrities, whose every movement is followed and fawned over, is one of the most interesting things I’ve read all year.
2) The week’s featured bag is usually under-$50, but I thought this slouchy hobo from Topshop was worth the extra $18.
3) Do you spend late nights working on your computer? The light from your screen may be impacting your ability to sleep. To minimize the damage, try the Flux app. It dims and filters light from your screen based on the time of day. It’s bright at noon, softened at night. It takes a little getting used to, but I like it.
4) I’m obsessed with small bracelets right now. This Mila Expandable Bracelet is as chic, as it is simple. I also love the art deco feel of this Hematite bracelet from Chico’s. This Morse Code cuff from Bauble Bar is cool.
5) Looking for an easy DIY holiday gift? These crystal topped bottle stoppers are perfect for anyone with a home bar.
6) Rebecca Taylor is one of my favorite brands, and as luck would have it they’re offering an additional 30%-off sale items this week with code BF30. This v-neck party dress is perfect for holiday soirees. This loose-knit pullover also caught my eye. And if you’re looking for work pieces, this asymmetric tweed blazer is the perfect mix of serious and chic.
7) The Strand bookstore is one of my favorite places to stop when I’m New York City. Vulture has the story of how The Strand survives in the age of e-readers and online ordering.
8) I have a new favorite brand of tights. These Donna Karan Luxe Layer stockings are unbelievably soft and comfortable.
9) Haven’t purchased your holiday cards yet? The Cheap Chica’s Guide to Style has a 15%-off coupon code for Minted’s holiday cards. This one is my favorite.
10) Iris & Ink designs the wardrobe of my dreams. This striped satin cocktail dress needs a French Twist and red lipstick. For every day wear, this boyfriend cashmere sweater looks perfectly cozy. And this Mona dot blouse would be a lovely work piece in any season. If you haven’t given Iris & Ink a look yet, dive in. The brand is a nice mix of simplicity, sophistication, and femininity.
11) Pardoning a turkey to mark the Thanksgiving holiday always struck me as odd. The Washington Post has a piece on the history behind the Presidential pardon.
12) Looking for long-sleeve dresses for semi-casual days at work? This Ralph Lauren dress in black and white print is awesome. This Bartlett shift dress with a leather-accent is fun. This Calvin Klein envelope-neck sweater dress also caught my eye.
image found here.