New Uses for Old Things: I Pledge Allegiance

During the cold weather months, I wear knee-high boots almost every day.  And while I love the look of a perfectly shined pair of boots, it’s tough to find the time to get to the shoe shine station in Cannon as much as I need.  Luckily, I’ve discovered an interim solution.

That’s right, lemon Pledge. Pledge gives your boots a nice, subtle sheen and cleans away any dust, dirt or sidewalk salt residue that may have accumulated.  And since it’s made to be used on leather furniture, it won’t do any damage.

To use, just spray a bit of Pledge on a clean, dry rag and gently rub the boots in a circular motion.  It’s that simple.

While nothing can replicate the look of a fresh shoe shine, Pledge is a great way to keep your boots clean and gleaming in between shines.

You Might Also Like

Previous Story
Next Story

0 Comment

1. Reply
    December 21, 2010 at 8:37 pm

There's a shoe shine station in Rayburn, too, and the guy LOOOVES doing the ladies' boots. He does a good job and it's only $8 or something – not a bad deal! Next to the deli.

2. Reply
    December 21, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Awesome idea. I've been sitting at my shiny desk for the last two weeks thinking about how salty my boots are… when all along, my office-provided can of Pledge has been tucked in a drawer 6 inches from me.

3. Reply
    December 21, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Hey great Idea! I've used this for my leather bags before too. Mr. clean magic earasers(sp?) work well too!

4. Reply
    December 22, 2010 at 3:41 am

Ahhhh, the secret of those of us who show horses. Pledge is the best way to keep hunt boots nice 'n shiny!

5. Reply
    restaurant refugee
    December 22, 2010 at 6:50 am

while pledge may be a good interim solution, and the shoe shine stand in your office building may give great shines, what has always been great for me is Nordstrom. The shines are extremely well done, frighteningly cheap ($3 if my memory is correct, but courtesy demands a ridiculously large tip) and best of all, you can drop off a bag-full of shoes, run some errands, and return to perfectly pristine pumps.

6. Reply
    December 22, 2010 at 3:14 pm

What is with the Ugg post?? Eeek… Belle, I think you have an enemy!